Monday, November 5, 2007

Homophobia is wrong

Duration: 04:26 minutes
Upload Time: 2007-02-06 19:53:26
User: peevspot
:::: Favorites
:::: Top Videos of Day
Description:

I got this text from a deviantArt journal and made a video of it. IF YOU KNOW IT'S AUTHOR, PLEASE SEND ME A MESSAGE! "I am the girl kicked out of her home because I confided in my mother that I am a lesbian. I am the prostitute working the streets because nobody will hire a transsexual woman. I am the sister who holds her gay brother tight through the painful, tear-filled nights. We are the parents who buried our daughter long before her time. I am the man who died alone in the hospital because they would not let my partner of twenty-seven years into the room. I am the foster child who wakes up with nightmares of being taken away from the two fathers who are the only loving family I have ever had. I wish they could adopt me. I am one of the lucky ones, I guess. I survived the attack that left me in a coma for three weeks, and in another year I will probably be able to walk again. I am not one of the lucky ones. I killed myself just weeks before graduating high school. It was simply too much to bear. We are the couple who had the realtor hang up on us when she found out we wanted to rent a one-bedroom for two men. I am the person who never knows which bathroom I should use if I want to avoid getting the management called on me. I am the mother who is not allowed to even visit the children I bore, nursed, and raised. The court says I am an unfit mother because I now live with another woman. I am the domestic-violence survivor who found the support system grow suddenly cold and distant when they found out my abusive partner is also a woman. I am the domestic-violence survivor who has no support system to turn to because I am male. I am the father who has never hugged his son because I grew up afraid to show affection to other men. I am the home-economics teacher who always wanted to teach gym until someone told me that only lesbians do that. I am the man who died when the paramedics stopped treating me as soon as they realized I was transsexual. I am the person who feels guilty because I think I could be a much better person if I didn't have to always deal with society hating me. I am the man who stopped attending church, not because I don't believe, but because they closed their doors to my kind. I am the person who has to hide what this world needs most: Love. Homophobia is wrong. repost this if you believe homophobia is wrong" whoever wants this video, just send me an e-mail or leave a comment so that i can send it to you.

Comments

lessinbeen ::: Favorites
regarding all the negative comments, i think, for the sake of the homophobes who use religion as justification of their homophobia..youtube should have a special "religious filter" so these so called "good people" don't have to be exposed to such "evil" videos i can't tell whether i'm being sarcastic or not but GOOD VID!! :)
07-11-04 11:07:58
__________________________________________________
microsoftiscrap ::: Favorites
its a very complex issue. the truth is, its shocking. the way homosexuals and transsexuals are treated. I am straight, but still have no problem with them. all they want is love. just a different type.
07-11-02 14:32:27
__________________________________________________
sexilana22 ::: Favorites
hmm cool video!! ;) hey guys, check my profile, u will like what u see, its my LIVE CAM! ;)
07-11-01 00:18:02
__________________________________________________
yadejenmeenpaz ::: Favorites
Dah... Anybody is trying to turn people gay, we are trying to show to people that homophobia is wrong, you can't hate a person because he or she is different. They are trying to turn people intelligent.
07-10-31 19:33:51
__________________________________________________
yadejenmeenpaz ::: Favorites
Shut up! Yes, U have issues. U have to wake up and see that hating other people because they are different isn't right!!
07-10-31 19:32:06
__________________________________________________
ncommons ::: Favorites
You just said two contradictory statements: being gay is a choice, and being gay is a brain disorder. Beyond that, the evidence not only does not point to some kind of disorder, but simply points to a biological basis of homosexuality.
07-10-31 00:53:27
__________________________________________________
lukev7 ::: Favorites
no one is tring to turn you gay.
07-10-30 23:51:25
__________________________________________________
lukev7 ::: Favorites
A choice??? i can remember having gay thoughts when i was as little as 3 years old. i found men more attractive than women. i thought that it wa normal because of how natural it felt. at what point does a 3 yeahr old make the dissision to be gay?
07-10-30 23:50:32
__________________________________________________
marksdump ::: Favorites
Here is an idea: Meaby we should go even further then just rally for equal rights. Meaby we should get back at religion by rallying for a giant monument against homophobia right in the focal point of abrahamic religion: Jerusalem. Imagine a giant pink triangle dwarfing the dome of the rock and the wailing wall. A 1000 feet tall gay monument in the very birthplace of homophobia
07-10-29 09:39:57
__________________________________________________
colorguard22 ::: Favorites
why are you so judgemental?
07-10-28 23:46:28
__________________________________________________

No comments: